Friday, July 15, 2011

One Thing At A Time

Week two of my challenge is done and I did ok again, but I have to do better. I'm still good with portion control and avoiding deep fried foods but I need to cut the sweets and amp up the exercise. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy with my progress and I'm sticking with it, I'm just admitting that there is room for improvement. Being premenstrual is never good for the female diet and that's probably why I wanted more sweets this week but, no excuses. I'm the one who controls what I put in my mouth. I didn't go haywire or anything but it was enough that I noticed.

Another thing that I was able to confirm about myself....adult beverages lead to "bad" eating. I went to see Steve Earle at the House Of Blues on Monday night, had three drinks and, after the show when I was hungry, had no problem ordering a cheesesteak. Without the buzz I know I would not have ordered that sandwich. Again, I didn't go haywire, I hadn't really eaten much on that day, but it shouldn't have happened. The show was awesome, by the way. Such a talented guy in so many ways. AND he and his band donated their whole fee from the show to the New Orleans Musicians Clinic. A stand-up guy, to boot. The cheesesteak was awesome too. Mr. Chubby's (appropriate name) has the best cheesesteak in New Orleans, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, this week I'm issuing myself a challenge within the challenge. NO SWEETS. Starting today. Cutting the deep fried stuff has worked for me. I don't miss it and, truthfully, the thought of it makes my stomach hurt. I need to do the same with sugar and get myself to where having a treat doesn't make me want one EVERY day. Discipline is the key, I guess.

So, that's where I am. Not flawless, but not a failure either. I'm not really noticing any weight loss and that is disappointing but maybe I will after cutting out the small doses of sugar every day. And maybe after I tackle  sugar this week, exercise will be next on list.

One thing at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Glad you're keeping us up to date. Just stick with it for 30 days and you will see. As for the sweet thing, I've discovered these great yogurts like Lemon Merange pie, Key Lime pie, the peach and banana ones are good too, that satisfy my need for sweets and they're low in calories because sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

    ReplyDelete