Saturday, August 14, 2010

Unnecessary Aggravation

This week has been chaotic. Stressing myself over relationship stuff and work stuff. Relationship stuff seems to be resolved but the work stuff, not quite. I'm a licensed massage therapist working at Spa Aria in the Monteleone Hotel in the Quarter. Love my job but it was starting to take its toll on my body....constant aches and pains. So, I decided to give up a day at the spa and look for a part time job. Found one pretty quickly at a clothing shop in the Quarter. I liked it at first, was having a good time with it, but I'm finding that I'm just not making enough money there. Plus.....I HATE working Sundays. Especially during football season. Of course, that is the day they want me to work. There are other issues with the job that make it a bad match for me but those are the main two. So, for the past few nights, I haven't been able to sleep because I'm trying to figure out what and when I'm going to tell the shop owner. The truth would be best, I know, and I definitely want to do it before we go on vacation next Friday so I don't have to think about it anymore. But it's still awkward. In my mind I know I'm making a big deal out of nothing, I'm only working there one day a week, for God's sake, but I tend to obsess over this type of thing. I just want it overwith. Anyway, with my self-imposed anxieties and a week long, money draining vacation ahead of me, I haven't been very social. Going to try to get out this evening for Dirty Linen Night on Royal Street but I have so much to get done before we leave next week. I suppose I'll just see what happens and where the day takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment