Thursday, June 2, 2011

Making Things Happen

My past month has been plagued with computer and low back problems. The computer problem I solved by getting a new laptop (NOT A DELL!) and I wish the back problem was as easily solvable. But alas, it is not. I cannot order a new hip and sacrum (well, I guess I could but having no health insurance poses a problem). Doing massage full time for the last seven years has taken a toll on my body and my back injury seems to be structural, not muscular as I had hoped. Not sure what I am going to do at this point but I do know that massage cannot be my main source of income for the rest of my working life. I like my job but I can't enjoy it when it causes me pain every day. I had written previously that I was feeling restless in regard to my career so maybe this is my sign to do something about it. As of right now, I plan on sticking with my job while finally finishing up the first part of my aromatherapy course, getting out more to network and establish potential job contacts, and taking some time off in August to rest my body,weigh my options and do some writing. With that being said, things could always be worse. I'm going to work on keeping my dance card as full as possible........if my back is handing me lemons, I have to get busy making things happen and make that lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment