Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clarifications

I'm leaving for the airport in a couple of hours to board a flight to Philadelphia to see my dad and can't sleep, so I wanted to take the time to clarify some things about my last post.....

Although I am very frustrated that my father has squandered the second chances given to him in life, I am not judging him. I'm in no place to do so. As human beings we all make bad choices in our lives, some worse than others. And while I find it hard to sympathize with the choices that brought him to this situation, I am still compassionate about the suffering he is enduring. No one deserves to go through cancer and it is a mystery why some do and others don't. My frustration with his obstinance doesn't mean I don't love my father. I guess overall I'm just sad for him. Sad that he didn't try to turn his health around and live life to the fullest. Life is such a gift and I think it is just a shame to not cherish it. But that was his choice, and we are all entitled to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment